In the safe and nurturing environment at State of Mind Wellness Center, we provide psychotherapy for PTSD, substance use disorders, and treatment resistant depression (TRD) using ketamine. If you struggle with treatment-resistant depression, there is somewhere to turn.
Ketamine sessions provide holistic insight into an individual and their struggles. Individuals can reach a deeper understanding of their psychological makeup by using ketamine as a therapeutic tool. This is a deep, consciousness expanding experience utilizing ketamine nasal spray in a safe, supervised comfortable setting. We can establish a profound understanding of a person’s loss and develop a route to wholeness. A ketamine session lasts approximately 2 hours. Generally, we perform 2 sessions per week for one month. Then treatments would progress to once a week for 1-2 months. Treatment protocols may be adjusted per patient’s needs.
What is Ketamine?
Ketamine is a Schedule III medication, which has been widely used for about 45 years as a dissociative anesthetic. It was discovered to be helpful for treating depression in the early 2000’s.
There is a form of ketamine, Spravato which has been FDA approved for TRD. We also provide this form of ketamine treatment. There is a significant cost difference between Spravato and Ketamine due to marketing and branding.
Ketamine is provided via nasal spray in the office. Dr. Parmar medically monitors and facilitates the psychedelic experience. State of Mind Wellness Center provides a comfortable experience with gentle music and lighting. This is a huge contrast to high volume ketamine clinics where patients are not guided and are treated in a sterile post-op room.
What to expect?
- A full psychiatric evaluation and treatment plan, which is completed in a 55-minute interview before the ketamine therapy begins to determine if ketamine therapy is appropriate.
- A collaborative approach with respect and safety provided by a trained psychiatrist.
- Symptom relief occurs quickly (many times overnight). Duration of relief is variable and can range from 1 week to 1 year. The feelings of optimism linger for days and often weeks.
- On the day of administering ketamine, you will be asked not to drive until you have had one full night of sleep.
- Ketamine softens an individual’s defenses and allows for different ways of solving a problem or challenging old, restrictive beliefs.
- Integration of the psychedelic experience with daily life post-treatment.
- The treatment is described by patients as a pleasant, uplifting experience.
Ketamine is not indicated for use in people who:
- Have had a myocardial infarction
- Have active psychosis
- Cystitis (Bladder)
- Have suffered from a recent stroke